DUCK TRUCK’S DUCK SAUSAGES
Exil cheese served on potato alight with Mystique cider accompanied with ketchup.
Prepared by Chef Thierry.
- 1 kg duck (preferably boneless thighs)
- 250 g fat pork
- 17 g salt
- 4 g pepper
- 1 tbsp old-style mustard
- 2 meters of casings
- 2 oz Mystique cider
- A pinch of garlic powder and onion powder
- 1 whole egg
- House ketchup
- Fresh parsley
- 5 cups peeled and cut potatoes from La Caravane des Cultures
- 1/2 cup cream
- 4 cloves of chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup mild
- 1/2 lb Exil cheese (Fromagerie Métayer)
- Salt and pepper
- Cut the duck and pork into cubes about 2 cm and refrigerate them.
- Rinse the casings to extract the salt and let sit in lukewarm water for at least 30 minutes.
- Put the cubes of duck and pork into a grinder.
- Take the meat mixture and season it with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion power, Mystique cider, egg, and mustard.
- Rinse the casings one last time and make a knot at the end.
- Thread the casings on the exit cone of the mill and emboss.
- Every 10 cm, turn the casing several times to obtain the sausage form and so on.
- Serve the sausages accompanies with aligot, a spoonful of ketchup, and fresh parsley.
- Cook the potatoes in a pot of salted boiling water until tender.
- In another pot, bring cream and garlic to a boil.
- Let it infuse for a couple of minutes and then remove the garlic.
- Mash the potatoes with butter with a pestle or a potato masher.
- Incorporate the garlic cream and the milk and mix until it becomes a homogeneous mixture.
- Add the cheese into the mix and heat to obtain an elastic consistency (add milk as needed).
- Salt and pepper to taste.
SAUTÉED SHRIMP WITH LA CROISÉE CIDER AND GORIA PEPPER Served on a bed of medium salsa. Prepared by Chef Thierry Baron. INGREDIENTS 12 shrimp 26/30 raw and peeled 3 pinches goria pepper 1 clove garlic cut in two 1/2 fresh lemon juice 1 tbsp butter 1 tbsp fresh herbs of...
SCALLOPS LACQUERED IN DU MINOT DES GLACES PINEAPPLE AND ROASTED RED PEPPERS AND SPICES HONEY, CURRRY, APPLE AND SMOKED NUTS DRESSING
SCALLOPS LACQUERED IN DU MINOT DES GLACES PINEAPPLE AND ROASTED RED PEPPERS AND SPICES HONEY, CURRRY, APPLE AND SMOKED NUTS DRESSING INGREDIENTS Big U10 scallops 4 ripe pineapple slices 1cm thick 1 red pepper ½ tsp spice mixture curry- coconut mix 100 ml apple, honey...
QUEBEC CHEESE FONDUE WITH DU MINOT DORÉ INGREDIENTS 1/4 cup (125 mL) Du Minot Doré 1/3 cup La Bolée Du Minot 1 clove garlic, split into two 1 hot pepper (optional), split in two 2 cups (300 g) Comtomme, without the rind 1 3/4 cup (250g) of Cheddar de l’Île aux Grues 1...
LAQUÉ DUCK BREAST MINI BURGERS WITH DU MINOT DES GLACES Et foie gras poêlé et sa confiture d’oignon aux bleuets et échalotes frites
LAQUÉ DUCK BREAST MINI BURGERS WITH DU MINOT DES GLACES Et foie gras poêlé et sa confiture d'oignon aux bleuets et échalotes frites. INGREDIENTS 6 MINI BURGER BUNS PLAIN OR SESAME 1 DUCK BREAST 3 SLICES OF FOIE GRAS 1.5CM THICK 100ML ONION AND BLUEBERRY JAM 2 SLICED...
MAPLE PORK THIGH AND LA BOLÉE Recipe: Richard Bizier Food styling &Photography: Roch Nadeau (SERVES 8) PREPARATION TIME: 30 MINUTES MARINATE: 2 HOURS COOKING: 3HOURS INGREDIENTS 1 pork thigh of 1,5 to 2kg (3 to 4 lb) (with or without skin) or shoulder roast 6...